I had been feeling really run down for a few months, so I went to many doctors to get checked out. They did a bunch of tests and told me that I had h pylori, a bacteria that can cause ulcers. They prescribed me a round of antibiotics, but I was hesitant to take them, plus my insurance didn’t cover the $$ price tag. I did some research and found an h pylori treatment that sounded more natural and less harsh on my body, so I decided to give it a try.
What are the symptoms of H. Pylori?
Most people with H. pylori infection don’t have symptoms – only about 20% do. Even if you don’t currently have symptoms, it’s wise to get rid of H. Pylori.
Symptoms and signs, if present, are those that arise from gastritis or peptic ulcer and include:
- Dull or burning pain in your stomach (more often a few hours after eating and at night). Your pain may last minutes to hours and may come and go over several days to weeks.
- Unplanned weight loss.
- Nausea and vomiting (bloody vomit).
- Indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Loss of appetite.
- Dark stools (from blood in your stool).
I personally didn’t have any of these symptoms, except for maybe burping. However, I did have a A LOT of other symptoms, so my functional doctor suggested I do a GI-MAP test to see if I had any gut infections. 😏
When my results came back, WOW, I was in disbelief. I not only had H. Pylori, but I had may other gut infections – c-diff, e-coli, all types of parasites, candida, viruses and yes, H-Pylori, among others.
My practitioner put me on a protocol of mastic gum and a few other supplements, but after 3 months of taking those and re-testing, my results still came back positive. 😢
I then decided to go the conventional route and went to my family doctor to ask her for treatment. She said that the ONLY effective treatment is antibiotics and she sent me off to the pharmacy to fill my prescription, but the cost was a few thousand dollars (not covered by insurance).
I went back to the drawing board and remembered hearing about H-Pylori in a previous gut healing course I had taken a few years earlier. In this course, I learned about an herbal tea called Matula Tea, so I decided to try it – it was much much cheaper than the antibiotics, with no known side effects.
The tea is made from a mix of herbs that, when taken together, help to clear out any H. Pylori infection.
How to take Matula Tea – H Pylori treatment
The recommended dosage is to drink a cup of tea in the morning and one at night. Here is what the Matula Tea website says:
“We assume that you have been tested positively for the presence of Helicobacter Pylori bacterial infection somewhere in your digestive tract and you now wish to eradicate this bacteria by a 30 day treatment of Matula Herbal Tea.
- Your Matula Herbal Tea is individually packed in 2 gram (approx. 0.7 ounce) tea sachets and each sachet is sealed in an airtight multi-layer envelope.
- 1 box of Matula Herbal Tea comprises 60 tea sachets.
- To make the tea, please place one tea sachet in a tea cup or coffee mug. Pour between 100 and 150 ML (approx. 3.5 to 5 fluid ounces) rapidly boiling, good quality, water over the tea bag.
- Do not add sugar or milk. If desired, half a teaspoon of honey can be added.
- Let the tea draw for at least five minutes.
- Now drink the tea slowly in the morning ½ an hour before breakfast and at night ½ hour before dinner or at least 1 hour after dinner and swirl the tea in the mouth before swallowing.
- Repeat this procedure every day for 30 days- till all the tea has been taken and the treatment course completed.
- You should now feel much better and stomach pains should have disappeared or greatly diminished.
- If pain is still present, then that might indicate that the Helicobacter Pylori bacteria has not been totally eradicated from your digestive tract.
- In such case, it is imperative to retest for the presence of H.Pylori and this should be done by completing an H.P. Stool Antigen (HPSA) test, not less than 30 days ( max. 45 days) after the completion of the treatment course. Such test can be arranged by your medical practitioner.”
I drank Matula tea for 60 days – I found that the daily dose of 2 cups was a bit much in terms of detox symptoms, so I slowed down and only drank one cup split between morning & before bedtime. I kept my diet the same as before and I didn’t change anything else while drinking the tea.
After I finished the teas, I waited 30 days before re-testing and guess what?
My test results for H. Pylori were finally negative – I was able to get rid of H. Pylori with this H Pylori treatment!
I documented my journey on my YouTube Channel. You can see the two videos below:
Have you ever been diagnosed with H. Pylori? If so, what did you try and what worked for you?
To purchase a 30-day supply of Matula Tea, click here.
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a commission if you purchase through my link (at no extra cost to you).